UPDATE – April 24th, 2020
As the owner of Lush Lawn, our ultimate goal is to take care of you our customers, and our family of employees. As we begin to lift the restrictions on landscapers and lawn care companies and get back to work, I wanted to share with you the policies we are putting in place as we care for your lawn.
Hygiene – Sanitation
1. We must have hand sanitizer, paper towel and wastebasket at all entrance points of the
building. Everyone entering the building must use the sanitizer, towel and throw it
away. This would include employees, customers, vendors, and janitorial staff. Signs with
instructions are to be posted at each entrance.
2. Vigorous handwashing practices. Washing for at least 20 seconds every time.
3. Frequently touched areas to be disinfected daily.
Cultural Practices – Social Distancing
1. Lunches are to be taken at desks or in vehicles. We will not congregate in the break
2. No more touching in the way of handshakes or “hi-fives.” Instead, we can pump our fists in success and in defiance of the virus.
3. Keep 6ft between one another for social distancing
4. Employees are to wear face masks
5. Employees are to bring their lunch to work to avoid unnecessary travel during the day.
6. Infrared thermometers will be used to check employees’ temperatures daily. If anyone has a fever above 100.4, they will be sent home.
In the Field
1. We will not be knocking on doors
2. Only allow one person in a work truck.
3. Staggered start times
4. Technicians are to use their truck as their office once back in the warehouse. They complete paperwork and put together flags in their vehicle.
5. Employees are to wear a face mask
6. Employees are to use gloves at the gas station and dispose of when finished
7. Following all social distancing guidelines
8. Machines are to be used by one employee and disinfected daily.
9. Warehouse floor is to be disinfected weekly
10. Tablets, steering wheel, and other frequently touched areas in the truck are to be
It is our hope that with these policies in place, we can begin to service your lawns with the safety of you and our employees in mind. Thanks again for being our customers.
Stay safe and healthy,
Lush Lawn/Safari Tree
UPDATE – March 26, 2020
As the owner of Lush Lawn, I am deeply concerned about the health, safety, and welfare of my employees. We are taking all precautions to keep them, and their families safe during this time. I understand that maintaining your lawn and home is important, but it cannot come at the expense of human life.
On Monday, March 23, 2020, Governor Whitmer issued an executive order for businesses to suspend operations and limit employees to only essential personnel needed to keep the business facilities and inventory safe and secure. Under this order Lush Lawn was permitted to continue to work based on her reference to Department of Homeland Security definitions of businesses to provide services for residential maintenance.
Today, March 26, 2020, Governor Whitmer, in her press briefing, specifically stated that landscape companies were not permitted to continue to work. In keeping with the Governor’s statement, Lush Lawn has stopped all fieldwork effective immediately, and will not resume until such time as instructed by the government.
Our Governor was elected to make tough decisions, and in this situation, we respect her decision to delay our services. Therefore we are delaying our services until April 13th. Until then we will continue to have an office staff that is mostly working from home.
We love you and care about all of our customers in Southeast Michigan. We will get through this together stronger than ever. Your lawns will return and so will we.
Thanks again for being our customers.
Stay safe and healthy,
Lush Lawn/Safari Tree
March 25, 2020
At Lush Lawn, we take the health and safety of our employees and customers very seriously. As the risk of contracting COVID-19 has escalated in Michigan, Governor Whitmer has instituted an emergency “stay home — stay safe” order for all citizens and asked all non-essential businesses to close to help limit the spread of the virus.
I have been in close contact with the state of Michigan, and it has been determined that Lush Lawn and the services we provide to you are considered essential services, as such we will continue to deliver services to you, until the Governor issues further instructions. While we continue to serve you, I wanted to make you aware of the precautions we are taking to ensure that our employees remain safe and healthy.
Our offices are closed to the public until April 13, or the Governor’s order is lifted: All of our offices are closed to the public at this time. We are answering phones and email as usual. If you need to speak with us about your service or make a payment, please reach out to us at (866) 668-5296, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, our online chat or our customer assistance website.
Office operations have been cut back to minimum staffing levels: Any employees that can work from home have been instructed to do so until the order is lifted. This includes our customer service team, sales and general office staff. Thanks to our IT support team, this should not change anything for you — we will still be answering the phones and be able to assist you with any questions you may have.
For our field staff, we have implemented the following measures: Employees will disinfect steering wheels, door handles and tools and equipment handles, daily, or as needed.Employee start times have been staggered to limit the number of people in the building at one time.Employees will avoid shaking hands or any close contact with other people and should maintain a 6 ft. distance from people.Employees will be issued face masks/respirators along with latex gloves and are asked to use them as necessary.All employees will have hand sanitizer and are required to use it each time they change gloves.We will not participate in any face-to-face meetings with you, our customers, to limit any potential exposure.